Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Funko X-Men Mystery Minis Blind Box Unboxing and Review

Happy 4th of July! It seems weirdly fitting that today's video review is of a lovable group of outsiders who just want to be able to live their lives in peace and without being horribly regulated and restricted. That's right, Matthew at NerdNewsToday and I are reviewing America!

Ok, if you've read the title (I'm assuming you have), you know that a lie. We're reviewing the Funko X-Men Mystery Minis. The X-Men are my team. They're the ones I related to the most and were my gateway into comics. These Mystery Minis are near and dear to me. Of course, this means I'm about to be subjected to some kind of roller coaster of a ride while looking at these. Was this a good ride filled with happiness or one that left me bitterly disappointed? Keep going to find out.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I took this from my Twitter, because I was too lazy to search my camera for the photo
Finished watching? Great! I just want to reiterate how painful it was for me not to be 100% behind this set. Funko is great at coming up with fun designs, products, and their licenses are out of this world. They have the best variety. However, with that variety comes the issue of quality control. Do they have enough people or equipment to make sure their products are as good as they can be? Do they even care? They know people will buy their products regardless of how poorly they may appear. I think that's one of the more consistent issues with Funko. Great output, sloppy craftsmanship. 

As you can see, I eventually got my Beast Mystery Mini. I was so happy. Except for the part where he was headless. The head came off in the box. I tweeted about it to Funko but of course, there was no response. I don't think i expected a response, but I do wish I had gotten one. I couldn't return it.  I couldn't do anything with it. Now I just have a headless Beast hanging around. All I want is a replacement. But I know I'll never get it. And unless I find them heavily discounted, I'm not going pay anymore money for them. It hurts to say that, but it's not worth it. So, there you have it. Do what you want with it. I'm sure Matthew and I will review more Funko products in the future. We really do want good things for Funko. Like I said, their licenses are fantastic, and we want them to succeed.

As always, give us your thoughts in the comments.

Like what you just read? Let us know in the comments below and keep up to date by following us on TwitterFacebook and Instagram! 

No comments:

Post a Comment